Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Thrifty Housewife

I have enjoyed going to Goodwill and other thrift stores for many years. The first time I went was to search for a Halloween costume or maybe it was for a Hawaiian shirt for a luau party. Anyway, you can find a lot of interesting things at thrift stores. I still look there when I need something for a theme party.

I also discovered that they are a great place to find some everyday clothes. It takes a lot of patience and time to sort through clothing that is arranged by color, rather than size. Sometimes you just get lucky and find something good that looks almost brand new.

Here are a few recent items I found.

This turquoise top will be nice when I have a job again... Cost $4.00.




I had this eggplant top in a larger size and gave it away when I lost weight. I found another at Goodwill in a smaller size. It was about $4.00.



This military style jacket is a dark chocolate brown heavy twill. It will look better once I iron it. This cost me $5.50.




I bought some other items that I will show you another time. I am cutting and sewing and making them better.

No comments: