Monday, July 13, 2009

Grilled Sweet Potatoes and Apples


I tried a new recipe last night and it was great! This is one of those easy recipes where you really don't have to measure, although I've written the measurements as I found it in a magazine (I don't remember which one).
I used two really big sweet potatoes, three apples (1 Cameo, 1 Gala, 1 Granny Smith, it's what I had on hand, I chose not to peel) and just drizzled syrup and sprinkled spices until I thought it looked good. I ended up making 2 smaller packets. You really can't mess this one up!
GRILLED SWEET POTATOES AND APPLES

2 medium sweet potatoes
2 apples
1/4 cup maple-flavored syrup
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper

Peel and dice the potatoes into 1-inch cubes. Peel (or not) and dice the apples into 1-inch cubes. Place in a large bowl. Drizzle syrup over potato mixture. Add lemon zest, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Stir to coat all potatoes and apples.

Use heavy duty foil to make packets filled with potato and apple mixture. Leave enough room for steam to build. Grill packet for 25 to 30 minutes.

No comments: