Thursday, June 18, 2009

Lasagna for dinner tonight!



This is not an advertisement!

Or maybe it is!

Does anybody out there make lasagna?

Stop buying the Stouffer's frozen junk and make your own!

First, you have to get the Ronzoni Oven Ready Lasagna noodles. (There are other brands, but not as good.) Second, just use the recipe on the box. Next, rather than try to read the box as you go, write down all the layers you will need like this:

1- meat sauce

2-pasta

3-ricotta

4-sauce

etc, etc.....

For this recipe, you will end up with 5 layers of meat sauce, 4 layers of mozzarella and 3 layers of ricotta. This is good to know so that you can divide the larger amounts evenly into the smaller portions and you won't run out of something by the time you get to the last few layers.

Normally, I divide the usual recipe in 3 large aluminum loaf pans. I freeze them, and then when I want lasagna, I thaw one overnight in the fridge. This way you will have smaller lasagnas that will serve 2 or 3 people.

By the way, the silly recipe says it makes 10 to 12 servings. Very funny! I don't know anyone that would want such a small portion. I say it makes 6 or 8 servings.

No comments: