Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Greek Salad



I had a tasty lunch today. As a 'temporary' housewife, I have the luxury of cooking at lunchtime. Not that I would make anything too complicated for lunch. But.... I can make a fish sandwich without all of my co-workers screaming about stinking up the workplace! And my cats didn't even complain when I didn't share.

I had Greek salad with my sandwich. The Real Greek salad, you know, without any lettuce. There's this crazy Greek man that I know.... this is how he makes it.

REAL GREEK SALAD

2 cups coarsely chopped tomato
2 cups thinly sliced cucumber
1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl; cover. Allow to marinate in refrigerator for at least two hours, stirring once or twice, before serving.

No comments: