Monday, June 29, 2009

Chicken Stir-Fry







We had a nice Chinese chicken stir-fry for dinner tonight.


I saute the chicken pieces in oil first. When that is done, remove from the pan. Add some more oil and add vegetables (I use a packaged mix of vegetables [broccoli slaw, snow peas, broccoli] from the produce department). I add onions and carrots to that. Once the vegetables are done to your liking, add the chicken back to the pan. I use a mix of about 1/4 cup soy sauce and 1/4 cup General Tso's sauce, stir that in until all is heated. Serve over rice. Yum!


That's my 17 year old cat, Ashley, watching me cook. For about the last 6 months, she comes to the kitchen to watch me cook, stares at us while we eat, often begging for 'people' food. After 17 years of eating hard, dry cat food, I guess she thinks it's time for something better. I understand.




No comments: