Monday, June 28, 2010

Mexican Pizza

We eat at Stevi B's and CiCi's pizza buffets a little too often... But I love the variety! They both have a version of a Taco or Mexican pizza, but I decided to make my own. All my favorite ingredients in one place.

That's a Boboli whole wheat crust this time, topped with canned refried black beans, taco seasoned ground beef, salsa, black olives and Monterey Jack cheese, in that order. (Did not use the entire can of beans and used less than 1/2 pound of meat, froze the rest for another time.)

Bake at this point according to the crust package directions, maybe a little longer.



When baking is complete, top with shredded lettuce, diced tomato, diced avocado and drizzle with sour cream. (I put the sour cream in a ziploc bag and cut off a corner to drizzle this way.)



It was so good!

1 comment:

Mags @ the Other Side of 50 said...

I just posted a taco pizza recipe too! Had I been thinking, I definitely would have added in the refried beans. Great looking pizza!