Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Chicken Amaretto

I've had this recipe in my collection of 'untried' recipes for at least five years. I don't know why I haven't tried it until now. I think I just didn't want to buy a can of frozen orange juice concentrate and use only part of it. Don't worry, I won't waste it, I'll use the rest for something.



The original recipe was found on recipezaar.com, I have adjusted the recipe to serve just two.

CHICKEN AMARETTO

1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons oil
1 1/2 tablespoons butter
1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
1/8 cup water
1/3 cup Amaretto liqueur

In a shallow dish, combine first five ingredients (all dry ingredients). Coat the chicken breasts in the flour mixture. Sauté the chicken in oil on medium-high heat until golden brown (chicken does not have to be completely done here, will finish cooking in oven). Transfer chicken to a greased casserole dish.

In a small bowl, combine mustard, juice concentrate, water and Amaretto.

In the same skillet used for the chicken, melt butter. Pour in Amaretto mixture; stir constantly until liquid is reduced some. Pour the sauce over chicken. Cover casserole dish with lid or aluminum foil.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.

Yield: 2 servings

Oh, I didn't use paprika (didn't have any). I bet the chicken would be a nicer color with the paprika.

No comments: