Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Mediterranean Tuna Salad





This recipe is based on one (that I found on Pinterest) for Mediterranean Tuna Panini. Although that sounds really great, I'm trying to avoid bread in order to lose some weight. I served it over a plateful of iceberg lettuce topped with a little Greek salad dressing.




I adjusted the recipe for a smaller portion and slightly changed up the ingredients and proportions. Here's my version.


MEDITERRANEAN TUNA SALAD
inspired by recipe at EatingWell.com

1 (6 ounce) can solid white albacore tuna, drained

1 Roma tomato, seeded and chopped

1 ounce crumbled feta cheese

1 tablespoon chopped onion

2 tablespoons chopped Kalamata olives

1 tablespoon chopped capers

2 teaspoons lemon juice

1 tablespoon lite mayonnaise

black pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients until combined.



Yield: 2 servings




This was the best tuna salad ever! I don't want to go back to the kind with hard-boiled eggs and pickle relish.

No comments: