Thursday, August 19, 2010

A New Career is in Sight!


It's official, I am on my way to a new career! I have been accepted to the Radiologic Technology program at Gwinnett Technical College. I have been in school for a year taking pre-requisite classes, but now, the real fun begins. For the next two years, I will be in class and doing clinicals about 40 hours a week. It will certainly be an adjustment to be doing something full-time again, I have had a lot of free time on my hands.

Regarding that post a few days ago about Plan B - I was actually looking for a Plan B because I was initially rejected from the Rad Tech program. I visited the head of the program to discuss how I might improve my chances for next year. They use an elaborate point system to determine who is accepted (they only accept 34 students out of about 160 applicants). In reviewing my score, it turns out they missed giving me 1 point that I should have received. Since I had missed getting in by only 1/3 of a point, the 1 additional point put me over the top of the cut-off score. So...... the head of the program is a man of much integrity.... the problem was quickly corrected and I'm in! Thank goodness, I went in for that discussion!

No comments: