Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Tropical Fruit Salad

This is a recipe from my ex-mother-in-law. I've never made this myself, but always liked when she made it. I don't know why I haven't made it for the last 10 years. I guess I forgot how good it was.

This is quick and easy to keep the ingredients in the pantry for last minute needs.



TROPICAL FRUIT SALAD

2 (15 ounce) cans Tropical Fruit Salad, drained
1 (11 ounce) can Mandarin oranges, drained
1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
1 (1.34 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding (sugar-free)
1/2 cup pecan pieces (optional)

Combine all ingredients and mix well. Chill at least 1 hour up to overnight.

I know it sounds weird, but just pour the pudding powder mix right in on the fruit! Even after draining the fruit, there's enough liquid for the pudding to form.

The canned Tropical Fruit Salad has pineapple, papaya and guava if I remember right. It's really good.

No comments: