Friday, July 16, 2010

Chipotle Cheddar Meatloaf

Originally, I was using a recipe from the Sargento cheese people - they had a Chipotle Cheddar pre-shredded cheese. I don't think they make it anymore, or at least, I can't find it. So, I've adjusted. This is the best meatloaf ever!


1 pound ground beef or meatloaf mix (beef and pork)
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
2 to 3 tablespoons chipotles in adobo puree (see this post for tip)
1/2 cup chili sauce, divided
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon salt

Combine meat, 1 cup cheese, chipotles in adobo puree, 1/4 cup chili sauce, onion, tortilla chips, egg and salt. Mix well. Shape into an oval loaf on a foil lined shallow pan. Brush remaining 1/4 cup chili sauce over loaf.

Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese over meatloaf. Continue baking 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and internal temperature of meat is 160 degrees. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.


Cassie said...

That sounds so delicious, Beth! I'm definitely going to try this one.

Mags said...

Love chipotles in adobo. Love meatloaf. I'm definitely going to try this recipe.