Friday, January 22, 2010

Chicken Noodle Soup

I have always been bored with any chicken noodle soup I've ever had. That's probably because they all came out of a can. So, I wasn't real excited when Eddie requested that I find a recipe for chicken noodle soup. Because I love him, I searched the internet for a recipe... I found this at Recipezaar and adjusted it to my liking. It was really good!



CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup diced celery
1 cup sliced or diced carrot
1 cup diced onion
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
4 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
2 teaspoons chicken base (Better than Bouillon)
2 cups shredded or chopped, cooked chicken
4 to 6 ounces egg noodles

Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add celery, carrot and onion; cook and stir until vegetables are tender. Add thyme, poultry seasoning, chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, chicken base and chicken. Bring to a boil. Add noodles and cook on low for 15 to 20 minutes.

Yield: 6 servings

No comments: