Sunday, November 1, 2009

No-Bake Peanut Butter Cookies

About a week ago, I was looking through all of my Christmas with Southern Living books (I have been getting them for over 20 years). I was just starting to think about new recipes I might want to try for the holidays this year. Eddie picked up one of the books to take a look. Right away, he found this recipe and said "Can we make this tomorrow? I don't want to wait until December!" Apparently, this is one of his all-time favorites.

He actually made these, I get no credit (just photo credit). They are still warm in this picture, they need to cool until sheen becomes dull.



NO-BAKE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES

2 cups sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter
3 cups uncooked quick-cooking oats

Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium saucepan. Cook over low heat until butter melts, stirring occasionally. Increase heat to medium; bring to a boil. Boil 1 minute. Remove from heat; quickly stir in peanut butter until smooth. Stir in oats. Quickly drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto wax paper. Let cool completely. Carefully remove from wax paper. Store in an airtight container.

Yield: 4 dozen

No comments: