Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Roasted Butternut Squash and Onions

Since it's Fall, there are butternut squash recipes all over the internet right now. I decided that I had to try it. I think that I've eaten butternut squash in a Lean Cuisine or WW Smart Ones entree before, but I had never cooked it myself. It turned out pretty good! We liked it alot.



ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND ONIONS

peeled, cubed butternut squash
thick sliced onion (Vidalia, of course)
brown sugar
black pepper
olive oil

Mix squash and onions in a large bowl. Sprinkle with a good amount of brown sugar and black pepper. Drizzle with olive oil. Spread squash and onions in a single layer on a baking sheet.

Bake at 475 degrees for about 25 minutes. Stir and turn at least once during cooking time.
Notes: I only used enough squash for the 2 servings that we needed (half the squash I bought). The squash shrinks up a good bit, so use a little more than you think you need. For my amount, I used 2 Tablespoons of brown sugar.

No comments: