Thursday, February 13, 2014

Cajun Black Eyed Peas

Still doing a little catch-up since I haven't posted in so long. I made this for New Year's Day.


CAJUN BLACK EYED PEAS
recipe from Cajunlicious
I forgot to take a picture, there is a lovely one over there.
 
 
1 pound dried black-eyed peas
1 32 ounce box vegetable or chicken broth
1 onion, chopped
1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 small green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
2 celery stalks with leaves, finely chopped
2 bay leaves
Salt & Pepper, to taste
1 Tablespoon Cajun or Creole seasoning
A few dashes of  Worcestershire sauce
Hot sauce, to taste
 
 
There is no need to pre-soak the peas.
 
Place all ingredients into a crock-pot and stir to mix. Cook in a crockpot on low all day (8 hours). Remove the bay leaf.
 
I like to serve it over rice.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Beth! I had a quick question about your blog and was hoping you could email me when you get the chance, thanks! - Emily