Saturday, November 30, 2013

Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches

I found the recipe for these Breakfast Sandwiches at Flying on Jess Fuel.
 
She has better step by step directions over there.
 
 
I discovered that I had these small coffee mugs that were the right size and ovenproof.
Spray the mugs with non-stick spray. Add eggs and break up yolk. You could also scramble the eggs if you like.
 
 
 
I cooked my eggs at 350 degrees for almost 20 minutes. Added salt and pepper.

 
 
Let the eggs cool and then put together the sandwiches. Egg first, on bottom of English muffin.

 
 
Then add Canadian Bacon or small ham slices. Then add cheese of your choice. It's best not to use a processed cheese slice, they melt too much when heated later. Top with other half of English muffin. Wrap or bag the sandwiches and put in freezer. 

 
To re-heat for a quick breakfast, remove from wrapping, wrap in paper towel.
 
I have been experimenting with the microwave times. What seems to work in my microwave, is about 90 seconds on 50% power, flip sandwich over, then 60 seconds on high power.

No comments: