Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Hoisin Panko Chicken

This one is  combination of two recipes that I've been using for several years, I don't know why I haven't thought of this before now.

I combined my Crunchy Baked Asian Fish recipe and this Panko Chicken recipe. 




HOISIN PANKO CHICKEN
2 cups Panko bread crumbs
4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
salt and pepper
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1/4 cup Hoisin sauce
2 tablespoons water
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness

Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place a metal cooling rack on pan and spray with non-stick cooking spray.

In a shallow dish, combine bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper. In a separate bowl or dish, combine mustard, Hoisin sauce, water, salt, pepper and remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Coat each chicken breast with mustard mixture; dredge each in breadcrumb mixture. Place on prepared rack in pan.

Bake at 400 degrees for 25 to 35 minutes, until chicken is done. Near the end of cooking time, spray the tops of chicken with cooking spray to assure they become golden brown.


For the stir-fry veggies, I made a sauce by combining a little sugar, soy sauce, garlic and crushed red pepper flakes. I added it before the last 3 or 4 minutes of cooking time.

No comments: