Thursday, April 21, 2011

Salmon Croquettes

Do they taste better if you call them croquettes instead of patties??

I think so.

I hated these when I was a kid. I dreaded the times we would have Salmon Patties. They were edible only if they were covered in ketchup.

Of course, now you can get skinless and boneless canned salmon. I think that's what really makes the difference.

Ketchup no longer required!




SALMON CROQUETTES

2 (5 ounce) cans skinless, boneless salmon, drained
1/4 cup dry bread crumbs (plain or Italian seasoned)
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
more bread crumbs
2-3 tablespoons oil

In a medium bowl combine first 7 ingredients, mixing well. Shape into 6 or 7 patties. (Mix will be very moist.) Coat with more breadcrumbs and fry in a pan with a little oil, turning once halfway through.


Just a picture of my sweet baby Sheldon!

No comments: