Sunday, April 24, 2011

Cherry Pineapple Dump Cake


This is part of what I made for my extended family's Easter picnic. Only one small serving came home with me. It's always good to see others enjoying something I made.

In case you didn't know, it's called a dump cake because you just "dump" the ingredients right into the pan.

CHERRY PINEAPPLE DUMP CAKE
recipe from Southern Living

1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
3/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Spread crushed pineapple on bottom of a lightly greased 13 x 9 inch pan. Top pineapple with cherry pie filling. Sprinkle the dry cake mix evenly over fruit. Drizzle with the melted butter. Sprinkle with chopped pecans.

Bake at 350 degrees for about an hour, until hot and bubbly.




This would be really great to top with vanilla ice cream when it's warm just out of the oven.

And here's the entire table of food at our family picnic (you might call it a potluck).....



My plate.... ham, mac 'n' cheese, potato salad, deviled egg, sweet potato casserole, baked beans, pasta salad, hash brown casserole, Buffalo chicken tender, baked ziti, Apricot Almond Chicken Salad in a tiny pita (I made that, too. Recipe coming soon.).



And that doesn't include dessert. I had another small plate for that. No need for dinner tonight!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Mmm, gotta love an easy cake recipe like this that looks delicious too. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your cake up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/04/sweets-for-saturday-14_22.html