Saturday, March 26, 2011

Shrimp Fried Rice


Such a yummy dinner of Shrimp Fried Rice, served with a cup of Campbell's Wonton Soup on the side.

This is something that I mostly just throw together, so I don't have a good, complete recipe. I use Sun-Bird Fried Rice seasoning mix and mostly follow the directions on the back of the package.


I use Success Boil in Bag brown rice. I cook it ahead of time and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours or overnight. The cold rice sticks together less, trying to stir-fry warm rice just turns it to mush.

I add chopped onion, frozen mixed vegetables (that have been cooked until warm), 2 eggs scrambled, soy sauce and shrimp.

I started by cooking the onions, then added the shrimp. Moved those to the side and cooked the eggs.

In a separate pan, I stir-fried the rice in a little vegetable oil, added the vegetables, seasoning mix and soy sauce. After cooking that for a short time, I added the onion, shrimp and egg mixture and cooked a little more.

Leftovers from this are really good for lunch the next day!

No comments: