Thursday, March 24, 2011

Healthy Eating

Once again, I am going to try to eat healthier and lose a little weight. Please help me out by giving me some of your best little tips and tricks.

Here are a few of my suggestions for healthier eating.

Fat free/light yogurt with 1/2 cup Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal mixed in makes a quick breakfast.

The healthiest cereal that I've found is Kashi Go Lean (original). It's low calories and has 13 grams of protein, 10 grams of fiber and it's low in carbohydrates compared to other cereals. The extra protein and fiber makes it really filling.

I like to eat some of the healthy entrees from WW Smart Ones, Lean Cuisine and Healthy Choice. I am partial to the ones with pasta (and without meat), but I like to add extra vegetables. I added fresh spinach to this Spinach Ricotta Pasta, but these days I am keeping a bag of frozen chopped spinach handy and adding a handful before microwaving.

Here, I've added extra frozen chopped broccoli to a Fettucine Alfredo entree. I usually microwave for a minute longer than usual to account for the extra frozen vegetables.

To help me drink more water, I have to add some flavor. There are so many brands to choose from - Crystal Light, Lipton, Arizona Tea, as well as the store brands. All of these are sugar-free, 5 to 10 calories. Get a reusable bottle or at least re-use the bottled water or soda bottles a few times.
Please comment and give me some more ideas!

2 comments:

Cecelia said...

Beth, I LOVE the Arizona Tea "Arnold Palmer"! I use 2-3 EVERYDAY. I'm allergic to NutraSweet (aspartame) and most other products use it (like Crystal Light), but this one uses Splenda (sucralose) which I can have.

Jo said...

You are changing my perspective on in a box healthy foods! Will try it out! Thanks