Monday, May 10, 2010

Diet Ice Cream

A couple of weeks ago, Eddie finally bought us a new TV, after watching TV in the basement for a few weeks. I think he felt guilty spending so much, so he spent some more and bought me a present - which is really for him (the real ice cream lover in our house)...... An ice cream maker attachment for my Kitchen Aid mixer.

We decided to use it this past weekend while my mother in law was here. She is diabetic and we wanted to make something she could eat. It turned out pretty good. Good enough to share here and good enough to make again in other flavors.

I didn't remember to take the picture until it was almost gone!



DIET ICE CREAM

1 (4 ounce) package sugar-free fat-free instant pudding (you pick the flavor)
1/4 cup granulated Splenda
1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk (I think they make fat-free, I used regular this time)
1 cup fat-free milk (I used 1% this time)

In a medium bowl, stir together the instant pudding and Splenda.

Add the evaporated milk and fat-free milk and stir until blended.

Pour into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the maker’s directions.

Optional: Add fruit or other ingredients as desired. (I added fresh strawberries and sugar-free strawberry syrup.)

This is such a basic recipe. Adjust to suit your tastes and dietary needs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

maybe now i'll actually use my ice cream maker! great recipe!