Saturday, June 17, 2017

Willpower (not willpower)


Total pound lost = 11

Yay me!!

I am really impressed with myself. I can't believe how much willpower I have had for the last few weeks.

The thing is, I don't think it's all willpower. This diet has actually reduced the cravings for carbs and sugar. I have easily resisted all the snacks they provide for us at work. I have easily resisted all the stuff I want to avoid in the grocery store. I have easily resisted the snacks and candy that Eddie eats at home (right in front of me!). I have also resisted the potatoes, pasta and rice that I have cooked for Eddie. (I do that on a volunteer basis, he has not complained even once about anything new I have tried on him.)

I am having a little trouble coming up with carb 'replacements' for dinner at home. I am getting tired of zucchini noodles already. I have made cauliflower 'mashed potatoes' once, not thrilled with those. I had dinner from a restaurant last night, a sort of stir-fry over spaghetti squash. I do plan on trying some new recipes with spaghetti squash. I know I don't need carb 'replacements', I could just serve multiple regular vegetables. But, I'm trying to keep some normalcy. For instance, I had frozen homemade spaghetti sauce, how else do I use that except for putting over some kind of 'noodles'? I can also continue to cook some of our regular meals for Eddie, if I have a carb replacement type food for me.

Any ideas for me??




                                       Italian Sausage and Mushroom Alfredo over Zoodles


 
 
Pork Loin Medallion and Mushroom Marsala over Zoodles

No comments: