Sunday, February 6, 2011

Butter Toffee Cookies



Last Friday, was my last day of clinicals at the VA Medical Center. I made these cookies for all the technologists and my clinical instructor. That hospital was an amazing place for my first rotation. So busy all the time, so many great opportunities for learning and awesome patients (all Veterans, of course!!).

I'm moving on to Northside Forsyth Hospital for the next five weeks.


BUTTER TOFFEE COOKIES

1 cup sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup English or almond toffee bits
sugar

Combine sugar, butter, egg and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed until creamy. Add flour, baking powder and baking soda; reduce speed to low. Beat until well mixed. Stir in toffee bits by hand.

Shape rounded tablespoons of dough into balls. Roll in sugar. Place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten with the bottom of a glass. If the glass sticks, dip glass in sugar.

Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes until edges are lightly browned. Let cool for 2 minutes and remove from cookie sheet.

Yield: 3 dozen


That's my VA Clinical Instructor "Miss Lena" in the middle. She's the greatest!! We all loved her so much. Can't wait to get back there for another rotation.


3 comments:

Lisa said...

Mmmm, love me some toffee. What a delicious idea to use them in these cookies. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog called "Sweets for a Saturday" (it will be open until Monday) and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your cookies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

mmmmm, these look delish!

Your comment today made me LOL. Loved it. Happy Friday!

Alyssa said...

yum! i love butter toffee! that's so sweet of you to bake for the other nurses!