Friday, October 15, 2010

Pumpkin Bread Pudding

My birthday was last week and this is what Eddie made for me as my birthday cake!

It was delicious!



PUMPKIN BREAD PUDDING

1 baquette, diced
1 cup toasted pecans
2 1/2 cups half-and-half
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
5 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon crystallized ginger, diced
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice

Line a 10-inch springform pan with aluminum foil. Put the bread cubes and the pecan pieces in the pan and toss.

Whisk together the half-and-half, pumpkin and sugar. Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk until combined. Pour the mixture over the bread. Mix it all together. Let this sit for 20 minutes. Give it one more mix before you put it in the oven.

Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

Recipe was found here.

Other pumpkin recipes from the past:

1 comment:

Miss. Tarrah Dame said...

I LOVE pumpkin! I just made pumpkin bread pudding myself! Sooooo yummy :)
http://damegoodeats.blogspot.com/2010/10/pumpkin-bread-pudding.html